The Talisman Gallery is located in the picturesque Hartley Valley, 5 minutes from Mt. Victoria in the beautiful and scenic Blue Mountains. It is central to many of the great attractions the mountains has to offer. If you are thinking of visiting the gallery and would like to spend a night or two in the mountains here is a few accommodation places for you to consider:
- Our friends John and Carol run the Cedar Lodge Cabins at Mt. Victoria which have nice, cosy, self contained cabins.
- For a luxury retreat for romantic getaways our friends at The Peak At Mt. Kanimbla will look after you.
- Kookawood Guest House is a large secluded handcrafted stone house you can rent in the bush with large open fire,exposed beams and awesome views of the area.
- For accommodation in the Katoomba area there is the Alpine Motor Inn
- Local bed and breakfast Hartley On The Hill has great local views and private onsuite
PLACES TO VISIT
- The underground wonders of the amazing Jenolan Caves.
- The famous steam train at the great Zig Zag Railway.
- The fabulous industrial ruins and natural beauty of Newnes in the Wollemi National Park.
- Ironfest is a local festival held each year on the Anzac weekend in April at Lithgow.Blacksmiths,metal artists,medieval jousting on horseback.
- The many great walks and lookouts around Blackheath.
- The glass blowing studio of Keith Rowe in Blackheath.
- MT. Tomah Gardens at Mt. Tomah on the Bells Line of road.
- Plains,Trains and Automobiles toy shop at Mt. Victoria.
- The Lithgow Visitors Information Centre has info on all local events,accomodation and the many amazing local places you can visit.
- Megalong Valley Farm. For horse riding and bush adventures in the Megalong Valley
- The Scenic Railway and the Scenic Cable Car at Scenic World
- The Edge giant screen cinema.
- Blue Mountains Trolley tours
- Bygone Beautys for their amazing teapot collection and yummy Devonshire teas.
GOING DOWN THE MOUNTAIN
- Selwood Science and Puzzles at Hazelbrook
- Norman Lindsay Gallery at Faulconbridge
- Nana’s Teddies and Toys at Blaxland
- Santas Hut at Blaxland
- The Brook artists co-op at Glenbrook